Friday, January 30, 2009

Photography Lessons #1

Last summer I decided to take a photography class at a Bedford's Camera & Video here in central Arkansas. I still had my Cannon AE One camera my father purchased for me when I was the photographer for my high school newspaper. That was 30 years ago. I wanted to bone up on my skills and get back to something I have always enjoyed doing.

Periodically I would like to share some of my experiences with you.

First, after the second class and seeing some of the photos taken by others in the class, I went out and purchased myself a Nikon digital camera. I love this camera. I could feel my confidence growing and wanted to plan trips to take photos.

One of the classes was on shutter speed.

What I discovered was the camera did it's part the problem was timing.

Photobucket
Too soon!

Photobucket
Too late!

Photobucket
Third time is a charm.

No comments: